[Sciwomen_faculty] your help with the Office of Promotion of Women in Science website please.

Office of Promotion of Women in Science, Engineering and Math sciwomen at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:48:45 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

We hope to enlist your help on improving our
website(http://sciencewomen.rutgers.edu/index.shtml).

Phase I of the website improvements will be the inclusion of standardized
faculty profiles for all the faculty women at Rutgers in science,
engineering and mathematics.   (see attached for an complete example) .
The database will be searchable and viewable by School, Department and
your name.  We hope that our website will foster a sense of community
among Rutgers’ women scientists and enable young women to explore career
opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.

In order to minimize work for you, we will extract information from your
c.v. to draft the faculty profile and then we will send the draft back to
you for revision.   The finished project will look like the attached
examples.

 To help us complete the faculty profile please send us the following to
sciwomen at rci.rutgers.edu:

1. A current photo
2.  A current c.v.(as a word document or text file)
3.  A short description of your academic interests and plans (~200 words)

We would appreciate receiving the photo and c.v. by Thurs, June 21th.
>From this information, we will create a rough draft of your profile on our
website, which we will then forward to you for approval/editing/revision.
At the same time, we will ask you for your academic interests statement,
if you haven’t already sent it. If we do not hear back from you within 7
days, we will start reminding you.

If you don’t have an electronic version of a photo ,  we will send someone
to your office and pick up a hard copy, which we will carefully scan and
then promptly hand deliver back to you.

The second phase of our website development will be a more personal --and
entirely optional -- component called “Girl Geeks/My Story.”  We hope
“Girl Geeks” will provide accessible role models for our students. For
this project, we will be asking you to provide photos from your childhood,
school years, or young adulthood.  In addition, we would like you to write
a short  personal narrative outlining how you got to where you are today.
(see attached, last page for an example).

Thanks for your help and patience in developing our website.  We look
forward to working with you on these and other projects!

Joan W. Bennett, Professor, and

Catherine

P.S. As we progress on this project you may receive emails from our staff
cc'ed above Ms. Ryan Glover, Ms. Tiffany Slotwinski, Ms. Christina Leshko,
who will be working up your information into your faculty profile.

--
Catherine N. Duckett, Ph.D.
Project Manager