[RUOC] Backpacking trip / meeting this Wed (10/12)

Arthur Barrett abarriii at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 10 15:19:02 EDT 2011

Hey guys,

We will be having our weekly meeting this Wednesday night at 9pm at the SHED on Livingston. If you are unfamiliar with where we are located, go to our website http://ruoc.rutgers.edu and click on "The SHED" tab.  This year there is no longer a direct stop to the shed, so if you are taking the bus you must get off at the quads and walk over.

This week, we will be talking about the overnight backpacking trip in the Pine Barrens this weekend.  The trip is an easy overnight backpack trip. Its approximately a 5 mile hike from Batsto Village. The trail is very flat and great for beginners. Its a very fun trip for anyone from experienced backpackers to people who have never backpacked before.  If you plan on going on this trip you must attend the meeting this week.  Space is very limited.  The cost is $25.  First to come with cash in hand will get the open spots.  So don't be late! The club has sleeping bags, ground pads, external/internal backpacks, ect. So don't be alarmed if you feel unprepared for this trip.  Jamie, our president is running the trip, so you will be in good hands.  Any further questions can be directed to him at the meeting.

The following weekend, there will be a corn maze trip.  More information will follow on that, however, if at all interested then make sure to be at the meeting this week to get more details.

Lastly, I believe our advisor Rick will be stopping by this Wednesday to give a powerpoint presentation on tibet.  He is very knowledgeable and a great resource on anything outdoors.  If you have never met him, I suggest you stop by this Wednesday and say hello.  He puts a good amount of time into what he does and it would be nice to see you all show up and support him.

P.S. Don't forget about our carpool list:

Busch/Livingston Campus: Vice Presient - Anthony Casale (609)-705-2563
Cook/Douglass: Quartermaster - Tom Brooks (732)-757-7672
College Ave: Quartermaster - Johanna Doukakis (856)-577-3750

As Always,
Keep it Hardcore

Arby Barrett
Rutgers: School Of Engineering (2013)
Mechanical Engineering
abarriii at eden.rutgers.edu
Rutgers Physics Learning Assistant
Corresponding Secretary, Rutgers Outdoors Club