solution to ridiculous billing situation

David Kaiserman jpmorgan at EDEN.RUTGERS.EDU
Mon Jan 28 09:41:45 EST 2002

I'm in a similar predicament with the billing department.

1.  I received a handwritten bill AFTER I received the late fee
assessment.

2.  They claim they can guarantee they sent the bill to me before
the deadline because they
have the correct address, but they do NOT have a certified bill or return
receipt to substantiate mailing.

2a.  They never sent a "reminder" bill or another form of communication
finding out if I received the "original" bill.

3.  I appealed it once, and now must appeal again - this time I
will be sending in proper documentation supporting my claim.

4.  I will be spending more time fighting a late fee I should have never
been assessed, rather than on my personal life or on my upcoming studies.

5.  I have sent appropriate fees to their office PRIOR to the start of the
semester.

I hope this situation gets rectified.

I'd like to give this address to everyone.  It's an address to which *I*
was directed to file appeals to, and I assume it's valid for other late
fee appeals too:

Rosann Carey
Rutgers University
Student Accounting, Billing, Cashiering and Collections
Graduate School of Management
249 University Ave
Newark, NJ 07102-1813

Good luck everyone.