[Hrdiv_net] Studies involving HR managers as subjects

Eddy Ng edng at dal.ca
Wed Feb 16 10:32:01 EST 2011

Dear HR Netters:

Sorry I didn't get very many responses, but here's what I have so far.
Thanks to all who responded and inquired.  Please feel free to add to the
list.

Evan M Berman, & Jonathan P West. (2007). The Effective Manager...Takes a
Break. Review of Public Personnel Administration, 27(4), 380-400.

Kulik, C., Cregan, C., Metz, I., & Brown, M.. (2009). HR managers as toxin
handlers: The buffering effect of formalizing toxin handling
responsibilities. Human Resource Management, 48(5), 695.

West, J., & Berman, E.. (2009). Job Satisfaction of Public Managers in
Special Districts. Review of Public Personnel Administration, 29(4), 327.

Also see:

Ban, C. (1995). How Do Public Managers Manage? Bureaucratic Constraints,
Organizational Culture, and the Potential for Reform and Public Personnel
Management: Current Concerns, Future Challenges. Wiley

Cheers,
Ed Ng

--

Ed Ng, PhD

Associate Professor, Organizational Behaviour

Dalhousie University