[Hrdiv_net] Faculty opening Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University

P. Heugens PHeugens at rsm.nl
Sun Apr 13 08:37:15 EDT 2008

The Department of Personnel & Organisation Sciences at the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam is looking for an

Assistant Professor (UD) in Human Resource Management and/or Organisation Theory

The Rotterdam School of Management (RSM) is the business school of Erasmus University Rotterdam. RSM aims to become a trendsetter for future management practice and scholarship by offering a cohesive package of university-level education, research, and professional services. The School also actively taps into the international market for students, executives, and organizations.

Most of RSM's research programs are embedded in the Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM). The School is a member of several leading international networks, including AACSB, EQUIS, the Community of European Management Schools (CEMS), and the Partnership in International Management (PIM). RSM has approximately 7,000 students and 400 faculty and staff members.

The department

The Department of Personnel & Organisation Sciences at RSM is a highly internationally oriented and dynamic group, which consist of team players who collaborate in both their research and teaching. We participate in the School's MSc, MPhil, PhD, and MBA programs. Our teaching philosophy centers on integrating the latest research discoveries into our educational programs in order to ensure state-of-the-art education. As one of the world's leading business schools, RSM Erasmus University is a centre of excellence and innovation for management education and research.

Job requirements

The Department of Personnel & Organisation Sciences at RSM seeks to hire faculty in the area of human resource management and/or organisation theory. The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria: (1) a (soon to be completed) PhD degree in Business Administration or in related fields (e.g. Human Resource Management, Personnel Sciences, Applied Economics, Organisation Theory, or Organisational Sociology); (2) strong commitment to research excellence, as reflected in (a demonstrable capacity for realizing) publications in top-tier ISI journals; (3) strong commitment to teaching excellence, as could be demonstrated by excellent teaching evaluations.

Information and applications

For more information you can visit us at: www.rsm.nl <http://www.rsm.nl/>  or at www.erim.nl. For inquiries by e-mail or phone please contact dr. Dirk van Dierendonck, at +31-(0)10-408 9569, email dvandierendonck at rsm.nl <mailto:dvandierendonck at rsm.nl> , or prof. dr. Pursey Heugens, at +31-(0)10-408 23 65, email pheugens at rsm.nl <mailto:pheugens at rsm.nl> .

Applicants should submit their curriculum vitae, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation by e-mail and in hard copy by May 19, 2008. Applications should be addressed to Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, Department of Personnel & Organisation Sciences, Attn. dr. Dirk van Dierendonck, Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Working at Erasmus University Rotterdam

Working at Erasmus University Rotterdam entails working in a professional environment in which your growth and development are encouraged. Flexibility has a high priority: we have a 38 hour working week with flexible working hours, and opportunities for part-time work and parental leave. The position is temporary for a period of 6 years within RSM Erasmus University's tenure track system. After this period, depending on performance, the position can become a tenured position as Associate Professor (UHD).

The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities. We further offer a pension scheme, collective health insurance, and the opportunity to join our salary savings scheme. Employees are also welcome to use our facilities, such as the sports centre and the library.

De informatie  verzonden in dit e-mail bericht  inclusief de bijlage(n) is
vertrouwelijk  en is  uitsluitend  bestemd  voor de geadresseerde  van dit
bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer

The information in this e-mail message  is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Read more: http://www.eur.nl/english/email-disclaimer