'Nurture the Core'?

Shad S Morris ssm27 at CORNELL.EDU
Wed Apr 20 17:20:52 EDT 2005

Hi Sanjay,

They probably mean to develop specific leadership training dealing with
their core employees.  Core being those employees that offer value and
uniqueness to the firm (Lepak & Snell, 1999, AMR).  Many companies are now
trying to focus on talent management that allows them to identify and
train leadership potential early on.

Hope this helps.

Shad