[DOX_NJ] request for assistance

John Beekman JBeekman at jclibrary.org
Mon Apr 28 11:29:50 EDT 2008

Greetings,

I have a patron who is interested in the immigrant population of our city, county and "region" ("Eastern NJ"? - I'll have do do more reference interview on that).  I know I can find data on ancestry in the census, which presumably would identify 1st/2nd generation numbers but not immigrants per se, and there is statewide data from DHS's Yearbook of Immigration Statistics, but is there another resource I am missing which would break immigrants by nationality/region (in this case francophone Africa, esp. Cote d'Ivoire)?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JWB
John Beekman
New Jersey Room