[ConsBio-ASI] URGENT MESSAGE -- OFFICIAL TRAVEL WARNING TO KENYA

Christine Spassione spassion at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 23 10:36:33 EDT 2010

Dear all,

Just wanted to let everyone know of two things:

1. For the trip to the Kruger area of South Africa: Please note
that Kruger is a reported Malaria area. Therefore, Fred wanted
to remind everyone to make sure you bring your Malaria medication
and take it appropriately during the ASI program and Workshop.

2. For those CONTINUING ON TO KENYA:

The US State Department did make an official travel warning to
Kenya yesterday, July 22nd - Richard Krieger just found it this
morning for us:

   <http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_2733.html>http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/pa/pa_2733.html

The travel warning is for July 28th - August 11th.

If you are travelling to Kenya after the ASI Program and/or Workshop,
we urge that you do so with extreme caution. This is now an official
warning - and we were lucky enough to have received information a
week ahead of the official State Department announcement.

Christine

Christine Spassione                                     Tel: (732) 445-4304
Center Administrator/Program Coordinator    Fax: (732) 445-5932
DIMACS Center                           spassion at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
96 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8018