Show icon Show search tips...
Hide icon Hide search tips...


Fred Roberts froberts at
Fri Jul 16 12:23:43 EDT 2010

To follow up the message below, here are some urgent updates and
requests for you to provide us information as soon as possible.

1. Please let us know if you would anticipate any problem with a
change of venue to South Africa (hopefully near or in Kruger National
Park). Email to me and gfiorini at and
spassion at 

2. Please let us know where and how you can be reached (telephone and
email) over the next few days if we decide to change your travel
itinerary and we bought your ticket, so that we can review the new
itinerary for your approval. Email to me and
gfiorini at and spassion at

3. If you bought your own ticket, we will let you know how to
proceed if we decide to change the venue.

4. There is a possibility that we will hold the whole event in Kenya
in January 2010, starting January 10. Please let us know if this would
present a problem to you. Email to me and gfiorini at
and spassion at

5. There is a possibility that we will move the ASI and workshop to
South Africa on its scheduled dates in July and August, and then have
a small, follow-up meeting in Kenya in January, starting January
10. But this is only an idea right now. 


------- Start of forwarded message -------
X-ExtScanner: Niversoft's regex_matcher (free)
X-Virus-Scanned: by nomail-cgpav-clamav-v1.3b
X-Spam-ASN: AS46
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.2.4 (2008-01-01) on
X-Spam-Language: en
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-5.4 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_50,RELAYCOUNTRY_US,
	SUBJ_ALL_CAPS shortcircuit=no autolearn=disabled version=3.2.4
X-Spam-Relay-Country: US
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:37:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Fred Roberts <froberts at>
To: ConsBio-ASI at, ConsBio-workshop at,
        ConsBio-students at
Cc: gfiorini at, spassion at
Sender: consbio-workshop-bounces at

To All Participants in the DIMACS/MBI ASI and Workshop in Conservation
Biology at Kenya Wildlife Services Camp

I want to alert you to the strong likelihood that we are going to
change either the location or the dates of the ASI and workshop -- due
to concerns about potential upheavals surrounding Kenya's
constitutional referendum on August 4. 

Please check your email several times a day for updates.

We are considering either keeping our activities in Kenya, but moving
them to a different date, maybe in early 2011 or late 2010, or
keeping the dates but moving the activity to South Africa. In either
case, we will need to work with you on changing air tickets. 

No final decision has been made, but I wanted to alert you to the
situation. Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you have any
concerns (or suggestions), please don't hesitate to be in touch. 

Fred Roberts
ConsBio-workshop mailing list
ConsBio-workshop at
------- End of forwarded message -------

More information about the Dimacs-consbio-asi mailing list