[CCICADA-announce] DIMACS/CCICADA Interdisciplinary Seminar Series - April 2, 2013

Linda Casals lindac at dimacs.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 2 08:47:34 EDT 2013

*******************REMINDER********************REMINDER**************

DIMACS/CCICADA Interdisciplinary Seminar Series Presents

Title: Looking for Bugs In all the RIGHT Places

Speaker: Elaine Weyuker, DIMACS, Rutgers

Date: Tuesday**, April 2, 2013 1:00 - 2:00pm

Location: DIMACS Center, CoRE Bldg, Room 431, Rutgers University,
          Busch Campus, Piscataway, NJ

**Note special day and time

It would obviously be very valuable to know in advance which files in
the next release of a large software system are most likely to contain
the largest numbers of defects. To accomplish this, we developed a
negative binomial regression model and used it to predict the expected
number of bugs in each file of the next release of a software
system. The predictions are based on code characteristics and bug and
modification history data. We will discuss what we have learned from
applying the model to make predictions for 170 releases of nine large
industrial systems, each with multiple years of field exposure, and
tell you about our success in making these predictions. We'll also
discuss some of the lessons learned and issues that had to be dealt
with.

DIMACS/CCICADA Interdisciplinary Series Calendar 2013-
See: http://dimacs.rutgers.edu/Seminars/interseminars12-13.html