[Culture_cog] IMPORTANT: Updating website for culture and cognition network

Karen Cerulo cerulo at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 31 15:02:53 EDT 2014

Hi Everyone,

If you are receiving this email it is because you are a member of the
ASA's Culture and Cognition Network and you subscribed to our listserv.

It's been quite awhile since the last update of the web page.  We would
like to update the bibliographic material contained on the page over the
next few weeks.

Please visit the C&C Network site at: http://cultcog.rutgers.edu/  Then
click on the link for "bibliographic materials"  If you have additions
you'd like to see on this page, please send them to me at
cerulo at rci.rutgers.edu

Some important notes on this:

     1) When sending your material, please tell me where to put your
citation(s)--i.e. which of our listed categories.  If your material
needs a new category, please give me a name.

      2) Please format each citation you send me according to the style
you see on our page.  We won't be able to reformat everyone's additions,
so this is critical.  Here are some examples of the style we use:

           Articles:      Leschziner, Vanina.  2007.  “Kitchen Stories:
Patterns of Recognition in Contemporary High Cuisine.” /Sociological
Forum/ 22: 77-101.

           Book: Douglas, Mary.  1978. /Thought Styles/. London: Sage.

           Chapters:    Gamson, William. 2002.  “How Storytelling Can Be
Empowering.” Pp. 187-200 in Karen A. Cerulo (ed.), /Culture in Mind:
Toward a Sociology of Culture and Cognition/. New York/London: Routledge.

      3) We need all additions by *Monday 11/17/14.

*Any questions -- feel free to contact me.

Thank so much,

Karen

--
Karen A. Cerulo