[CLAC_Events] CLAC welcomes you back!

Carlos Fernandez cafernan at echo.rutgers.edu
Fri Aug 31 15:54:05 EDT 2018

Dear students and community members:

On behalf of the Center for Latino Arts and Culture, I am writing to welcome you back to campus, and to wish you a productive and successful 2018-2019 academic year!

It has been a year since we moved into our new building at 172 College Avenue (right across Alexander Library), and we are excited for how the space will support a new chapter in the growth of the Latinx/o/a community at Rutgers University.

Just last year the Center celebrated its 25th anniversary of service to our students, and this past summer our staff—myself, assistant director Saskia Cipriani, program coordinator Silismar Suriel and administrative assistant Carla Ortiz—recommitted ourselves to build a robust supportive environment that helps all students thrive at Rutgers.

As part of this effort, we want to share the Center’s revised mission:

The Center for Latino Arts and Culture is a student-centered, inclusive community where students can better integrate experiential, academic and service learning about Latinx/a/o arts and culture in order to become strong leaders and responsible global citizens.

We invite you to visit us in the next few weeks to get reacquainted with the Center’s staff and services, learn about upcoming events and programs, and check out new spaces available for student study, meeting and storage needs.

As before, CLAC staff will continue to offer student support services and referrals, advising and support to student organizations, meeting and event reservations, funding through our Student Activities Allocation Program (SAAP) and Undergraduate Capstone Project Grants, free photocopies for student organization events, and other office support.

I hope you can join us at the following upcoming events:

*Welcome to La Familia BBQ
Monday, September 3, 6-9 PM
CLAC @ 172 College Avenue, CAC

*C4 Global Culture Fest