[Catholic_center] Catholic Center offers Mass for Virginia Tech Community

Colleen Donahue coldon at rci.rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 18 16:54:43 EDT 2007

Dear Members of the Catholic Community at Rutgers,
     We have all been stunned by the violent tragedy that took place earlier this week at Virginia Tech University. The senseless killings have shocked the entire nation, especially those of us who lived out our lives on a university campus. As a Catholic community, we are called to be mindful of our brothers and sisters who have lost their lives and offer prayers on their behalf. We are also called to remember in our prayers the family members and friends who now mourn the loss of those who were cherished and loved.

     In order that we might offer prayers for those who have died or have been injured and offer spiritual support to those who mourn, this coming Sunday, April 22, the 12:00 pm Mass at St. Michael's Chapel on Davidson Road (Busch Campus) will be offered for all those affected by this tragedy. If you are unable to join us at this liturgy, please spiritually join us in prayer at noon so that we might be united in prayer.

     In the face of such a tragedy, there are more questions than answers, more doubt than certainty. We also know that as a Catholic community we stand in the power of Easter. The Lord Jesus is victor over sin and death; he is risen and present with us still, even in the greatest difficulties and tragedies of life. May the Crucified Christ, who is the Risen Lord, bring light to this darkness, comfort to all those who mourn and eternal life to those who have died.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

In the Heart of Jesus,
Fr. Peter Cebulka, C.O.
Director, The Catholic Center at Rutgers University

Colleen Donahue
Office Administrator
The Catholic Center at Rutgers University
17 Mine Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Phone: 732-545-6663 / 932-8465
Fax:   732-545-3495

The contents of this email and any attachments to it contain confidential and/or legally privileged information from the Diocese of Metuchen. This information is only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the comments of the contained information is strictly prohibited and that the email and any attachments thereto should be returned to the Diocese of Metuchen immediately. In this regard, if you have received this document in error, please notify us by email immediately.
**Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the email is virus free. The Diocese of Metuchen accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from use of the email.