Meeting Tuesday 1/24

Rutgers AMSA rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:20:31 EST 2017

Hey everyone,

Our meeting this week, *Intro to Pre-Med Summer,* will be on *Tuesday 1/24*
at 8pm in Center Hall of the Busch Student Center.

We will be exploring different types of opportunities that students can
participate it to make the best use of time during summer months and school
breaks. Come out to hear about and meet people who have experiences that
you might be interested in.

We would also like to thank everyone for their participation in our 9th
Annual Pre-Health Conference yesterday. It was a huge success. If you
attended, *please fill out this form* to give us a better idea of what you
liked and how we can improve in the future. https://goo.gl/forms/c
YWxkDxhl2XGdkHy2

Additionally, on 02/07, we will be hosting a *suture workshop* in the
College Ave. MPR. This event will be capped at 50 people so only the first
50 people who sign this form will be allowed to enter. A confirmation email
from rutgers.amsa at gmail.com will serve as your admission ticket.
https://goo.gl/forms/JwXIN06ATygovlql1

Please see below for other opportunities co-sponsored by AMSA.
1. AED blood drive on 1/26 from 1pm-5pm at the Livingston Student Center.
Be sure to let the person know that you are from AMSA and you will be
provided with community service hours. This is a great chance to fulfill a
community service event for elections later this semester!

2.  We have an opportunity we wanted to present to all of you. Thanks to
Jade Shevchenko, the president of the SEBS Pre-Dental and Pre-Medical
Society, we've received an exciting invitation to the UC San Diego Medical
Education for Diverse Students (MEDS) Conference this February!
The trip is February 10-12, 2017 in La Jolla, California. The trip is
already fully funded and they are asking if any FIMRC members would like to
join them. A description of the trip and the link to apply is provided
below.

The following is the link to the 2017 MEDS Pre-Med Schedule.

https://students.ucsd.edu/academics/graduate-programs/grad-s
chool-prep/meds/index.html .

Usually the conference just admits local community college students and
UCSD students ONLY, but this year MEDS was kind enough to extend their
invitation to our group as well. The Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Society is
being sponsored by allocations from the SEBS Governing Council. The
allocations will cover the round-trip flight, the hotel stay, and other
fees. Those who go on the trip will have to pay for their own food, and
transportation to/from the airports.

*You do not have to be a SEBS student to come on this trip*

Since the trip is very soon, the application process is as follows:
The* application is *due **Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 11:59 PM.**
If you are selected, *you will receive an email *early **Wednesday
morning, January
25, 2017*.*You must **respond to that email **within 24 hours** to
confirm** your
spot on the trip, or your spot will be given to someone else.

Link to the online application:
https://goo.gl/forms/PWfbtdTjjxJJ3D603
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2Fforms
%2FPWfbtdTjjxJJ3D603&h=ATPxoEL4UGSlcaZ6lCHOmROygFRtlIiT_XAPM
I0lZ-neZpF4cNeQBskgVdDk0eLGxD3tbqoAs0w5mOrGzUCwen74phXNEyJNe
nlrpuuHUm29V1id5a4rdsn9zNJNdDqCbEZRlOzZN7SOkfAKDYoYjQ>

3. Attached is a flyer for PCRF Rutgers Got Talent. The event will be held
in the Livingston Student Center Multipurpose Room at 8 pm on Monday,
February 6, 2017
--
Ridhi Padalia & Mihir Shah
Co-Presidents