Fwd: Event Tomorrow at 7:45PM and RWJ Peer Mentor Program Application!

Rutgers AMSA rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 22:46:50 EDT 2014

Hello AMSA Members!

We previously forgot to include the application to the RWJ Mentorship
Program so here it is!

*APPLICATION LINK:*
*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/136-r5ykxr8aGgTbFTx5veYoFWBfSWTJEuztT36HwH0A/viewform?usp=send_form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/136-r5ykxr8aGgTbFTx5veYoFWBfSWTJEuztT36HwH0A/viewform?usp=send_form>*

For those of you who are interested, here is a message from RWJ AMSA
explaining their program:

Hi everyone! Are you looking for an inside look into medical school and all
its wonders, and cracking the mystery of the med school application
process? Well you've come to the right place! We are the Robert Wood
Johnson Medical School AMSA Premedical Mentorship Committee.  We are a
relatively new program looking to expand our Premedical Mentorship program,
where we pair our medical students with Rutgers AMSA/AED members who
successfully complete our application process.

This program will run for the course of the year (2014-2015), and
requirements include attendance at orientation, 5 informal meetings, 3
social outings, and the End-Of-Year Dinner. Informal meetings will just be
a way for you to bond with your mentor and chat about any concerns you
might have. The social outings will involve attendance of you and your
mentor at some med school event (panels, MEDtalks, anatomy lab, Anatomy Lab
Memorial, community service events, blood pressure screenings, etc). We are
looking to take 20 Rutgers AMSA members to be mentees, each of whom will be
matched with a medical student mentor based on similar
experiences/interests. We have attached a link to the application to this
email, the deadline for which will be *September 30th at 11:59pm.* Also, we
will only be accepting applications from *sophomores, juniors, and
seniors. *

A representative from the program will be at the first AMSA meeting next
week, so if you have any questions, you can bring them up there. Thanks for
your time, and we hope to see your applications soon!

Best,
RU AMSA

--
Executive Board
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
www.ruamsa.org

rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
www.ruamsa.org