Robert Wood Johnson Mentorship Opportunity

Rutgers AMSA rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:38:40 EDT 2014

Hello RU AMSA!

Here is a message from the RWJMS Premed Mentorship Committee:

Are you looking for an inside look into medical school and all its wonders,
and cracking the mystery of the med school application process? Well you've
come to the right place! We are the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School AMSA
Premedical Mentorship Committee.  We are a relatively new program looking
to expand our Premedical Mentorship program, where we pair our medical
students with Rutgers AMSA/AED members who successfully complete our
application process.

This program will run for the course of the year (2014-2015), and
requirements include attendance at orientation, 5 informal meetings, 3
social outings, and the End-Of-Year Dinner. Informal meetings will just be
a way for you to bond with your mentor and chat about any concerns you
might have. The social outings will involve attendance of you and your
mentor at some med school event (panels, MEDtalks, anatomy lab, Anatomy Lab
Memorial, community service events, blood pressure screenings, etc). We are
looking to take 20 Rutgers AMSA members to be mentees, each of whom will be
matched with a medical student mentor based on similar
experiences/interests. We have attached a link to the application to this
email, the deadline for which will be *September 30th at 11:59pm.* Also, we
will only be accepting applications from *sophomores, juniors, and
seniors. *

*APPLICATION LINK:*

*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/136-r5ykxr8aGgTbFTx5veYoFWBfSWTJEuztT36HwH0A/viewform?usp=send_form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/136-r5ykxr8aGgTbFTx5veYoFWBfSWTJEuztT36HwH0A/viewform?usp=send_form>*

A representative from the program will be at the first AMSA meeting next
week, so if you have any questions, you can bring them up there. Thanks for
your time, and we hope to see your applications soon!

Sincerely,
RWJMS AMSA Premedical Mentorship Committee
Jaya Kanduri
Janaki Patel

--
Executive Board
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
www.ruamsa.org