RU AMSA Charity Basketball Tournament: Got Game? Or are you all talk?

Rutgers AMSA rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 20:31:14 EDT 2009

Hey Rutgers!

Think you've got game? Think you can beat some Rutgers Undergrads and Robert
Wood Johnson Medical Students in a game of basketball? Then BRING YOUR "A"
GAME on Saturday, November 14th from 3-7 pm at the Livingston Campus
Recreational Center. This event is open to any Rutgers Student - not just
pre-med / health students!

Rutgers American Medical Student Association (AMSA) is hosting a Charity
Basketball Tournament to raise money for the Promise Clinic affiliated with
Elijah's Promise Soup Kitchen in New Brunswick. All generated income from
the event will be donated. COME SUPPORT OUR CAUSE!

We are looking for a total of 32 teams, each with a minimum of 3 players and
a maximum of 5 on a team. You can register your own team with your fellow
students or can even sign up individually and we will pair you up! The teams
are going to clash 3-on-3, and each player has to pay $5 to enter. Also,
each team as a whole has to collect only a minimum of $10 in donations from
anyone - that means $3.33 per team member in donations. Donations can be of
any size. Of course you're not limited to $10 - you can bring more than $10
and the team that achieves the largest donation will receive an awesome
prize: FREE NEW JERSEY NETS TICKET(S) for each player + dinner at a
RESTAURANT!!!

The team to win the Basketball Tournament gets additional prizes like
magnificent shiny trophies, custom team shirts (with your team and your own
name on the back), and of course: bragging rights INCLUDED!!! But no matter
who wins, the Promise Clinic will benefit!

How to Register Your Team:

Show up to one of our Sign-Up Days:

Monday, Nov. 2nd: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM Busch Dining Hall
11:30 AM - 2:30 PM Brower Commons Dining Hall

Thursday, Nov. 5th: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM Busch Dining Hall
11:30 AM - 2:30 PM Brower Commons Dining Hall

Tuesday, Nov. 10th: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM Rutgers Student Center

Friday, Nov. 13th: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM Rutgers Student Center

If you cannot make it to any of the days / times listed above, shoot us an
email and we'll figure out a way for you to register.

***PLEASE RESPOND ASAP, since we've had a lot of requests already!***

Email us at: Rutgers.AMSA at gmail.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!

Best,

RU AMSA

--
Executive Board
American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
rutgers.amsa at gmail.com
www.ruamsa.org