[16days_discussion] Fwd: FW: How Do We Create a Culture of Consent? Join us to find out.

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:16:54 EST 2016

-------- Forwarded Message --------

	*Subscribe Me!
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1101289229386&ea=16days%40cwgl.rutgers.edu>*

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101289229386&ca=a5cc5980-dc97-4df2-b414-dd5cb14e8cce>

*
/The time is now!/
*
Today is day 5 of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
Campaign
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ac7uhfzab.0.nhoyjfzab.kcdi4ubab.0&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2F16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu%2F>,
a global initiative that raises awareness at the local, national, and
international levels regarding violence against women and demonstrates
the solidarity of activists around the world.

*How will you take part? Start by joining us on December 5th.*

*Shifting the Paradigm from Rape Culture to Consent Culture *
We live in a society of rape culture where victims are blamed and sexual
violence and harassment have become normalized. Our culture emits
conscious and unconscious messages about choice, gender, and power that
we accept as inevitable, yet they are expressions of values and
attitudes that can change.

*Monday, December 5, 2016*
*11:30am-1:00pm*
*130 East 59th Street, NYC*
Less than half of all rapes are actually reported and only three percent
of rapists spend even a day in jail. Let's improve these statistics.
Join us to learn about state policies and advocacy, campus efforts,
andnational media initiatives that are working to combat rape culture.
Together, we can becomeinformed advocates, parents, citizens, and
philanthropists with the tools to sparkchange.
/With Speakers: /

*Michelle Carroll *
Campus Coordinator, New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault
*Emma Gray *
Executive Women's Editor, Huffington Post

*Joanne Zannoni *
Executive Director, New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault//
This event is free and open to the public. RSVP is required to
miriam at jewishwomenny.org <mailto:miriam at jewishwomenny.org>
or (212) 836-1268.

Interested in learning more and possibly joining JWFNY's Israel Grants
Committee?
Join us after the event from 1:30 - 2:30 PM to see how you can make a
difference in the lives of women and girls.
*
If you would like additional information or to RSVP for either event
email miriam at jewishwomenny.org <mailto:miriam at jewishwomenny.org> or call
(212) 836-1268.
*

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ac7uhfzab.0.7yynkamab.kcdi4ubab.0&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwfny.org>

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ac7uhfzab.0.vkms4vpab.kcdi4ubab.0&r=3&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwfny.org%2Fjoin%2Fdonate%2F>

Forward this email
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101289229386&ea=16days%40cwgl.rutgers.edu&a=1126530969664>

This email was forwarded to 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu, by Stephanie
Blumenkranz <mailto:stephanie at jewishwomenny.org>.
Privacy Policy
<http://www.constantcontact.com/legal/service-provider?cc=about-service-provider>.

Email Marketing
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=$LETTER.CAMPAIGNCODE> by
Constant Contact <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=tpfwe>

Regards,
Zarin Hamid
Coordinator, Gender-Based Violence Program
email sig

*16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign*

*Center for Women's Global Leadership
*@*16DaysCampaign *|*#16Days*

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey | 160 Ryders Lane | New
Brunswick, NJ 08901-8555

Tel: 1-848-932-8782 | Fax: 1-732-932-1180 | http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu