[16days_discussion] Fwd: Oxfam launches new campaign on Eliminating Violence Against Women & Girls

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 28 13:48:18 EST 2016

----- Message from Bethan Cansfield
<Bethan.Cansfield at oxfaminternational.org> on Fri, 25 Nov 2016 10:56:38
+0000 -----

*To:* 	16 Days Campaign <16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>,
16 Days Campaign <16days_discussion at email.rutgers.edu>,
Wmg-advocacy <wmg-advocacy at googlegroups.com>,
Women Major Group Listserve <women_major_group at googlegroups.com>,
"post2015womensadvocacycommittee at googlegroups.com"
<post2015womensadvocacycommittee at googlegroups.com>,
"post2015womenscoalition at googlegroups.com"
<post2015womenscoalition at googlegroups.com>,
Marina <marina at peacewomen.org>
*Subject:* 	Oxfam launches new campaign on Eliminating Violence Against
Women & Girls

Hi all

Today Oxfam launched our new campaign *ENOUGH: Together We Can End
Violence Against Women & Girls*. The campaign focuses on challenging
harmful social norms and the primary focus is national campaigning, with
an emphasis on co-creation of national campaigns with women’s rights
organisations and movements

The first countries to launch the campaign are: Guatemala, India,
Indonesia, Morocco, Pakistan, South Africa and Zambia. Many more
countries will join next year.

If you would like to learn more about the campaign, please visit our
*website*: www.sayenoughtoviolence.org <http://www.sayenoughtoviolence.org>

Also our *animation* is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ova_C9v7F90 (which makes the link
between every day gender inequality and violence against women and
girls). Spanish & Mandarin versions are also available.

Oxfam's Director Winnie Byanyima has also written an*op-ed* available
here:
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2016/11/violence-women-161121133837163.html

Please do join the conversation & *#SayEnough* to VAWG!

Best wishes

Bethan

Bethan Cansfield | Head of EVAWG Campaign
Oxfam International (based in London) | skype: Bethan.cansfield
www.oxfam.org <http://www.oxfam.org> | twitter.com/oxfam

Regards,
Zarin Hamid
Coordinator, Gender-Based Violence Program
email sig

*16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign*

*Center for Women's Global Leadership
*@*16DaysCampaign *|*#16Days*

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey | 160 Ryders Lane | New
Brunswick, NJ 08901-8555

Tel: 1-848-932-8782 | Fax: 1-732-932-1180 | http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu