[16days_discussion] Fwd: SVRI during 16 days of activism

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:19:07 EST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I trust this email finds you well.

The Sexual Violence Research Initiative is participating in the 16 days
of Activism Against Gender Violence. We would like to share our #16 days
work with you to disseminate widely.

 1. *Blog series <http://www.svri.org/Connect/svri-update-online>*:
    During the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence, SVRI Blog
    <http://www.svri.org/blog> and Voices
    <http://blogs.worldbank.org/voices/> will feature guest posts on the
    innovative projects supported through the Development Marketplace
    for Innovations to Prevent Gender-Based Violence
    <http://www.svri.org/svrinterest/svri-and-world-bank-innovations-prevent-gender-based-violence-building-evidence>.
    Through this award, the World Bank Group and the SVRI disbursed over
    US$1million to advance evidence-based interventions in GBV
    prevention in low- and middle-income countries.

Follow SVRI and WBG Development Marketplace Awards on Twitter @theSVRI
@WBG_Gender #GBVSolutions  #16Days

 2. *Call for materials: SVRI country pages
    <http://www.svri.org/world-map>*: It is essential for us as
    knowledge managers in the field of sexual and gender based violence
    to ensure that we have recent evidence available around the globe on
    our website. We have identified gaps in terms of country resources
    that is, journal abstracts, reports and links to organizations. We
    would like to fill this gap by populating all the country pages
    during the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence.

Our country pages consist of materials on sexual violence and related
types of violence, particularly intimate partner violence and violence
in childhood. See our priority areas.

Please email relevant materials to Morma Moremi at svri at mrc.ac.za
<mailto:svri at mrc.ac.za>

Thank you!

 3. *Call for abstracts: SVRI Forum 2017, 18-21 September 2017, Rio,
    Brazi*l <http://www.svri.org/forums/forum2017/index.htm>: We are
    pleased to invite colleagues to submit abstracts, attend and
    register for the largest global conference – SVRI forum 2017.
    Through this event, the SVRI brings together over 450 researchers,
    gender activists, funders, policy makers, service providers,
    practitioners and survivors from around the world who are working to
    understand, prevent and respond to sexual and intimate partner
    violence. The call for abstracts is available in English
    <http://www.svri.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2016-09-27/English%2026%20Sep%202016.pdf>,
    Spanish
    <http://www.svri.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2016-09-27/Spanish%2026%20Sep%202016.pdf> and
    Portuguese
    <http://www.svri.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2016-09-27/Portuguese%2026%20Sep%202016.pdf>.

Abstracts to be submitted on or before 1 February 2017.

Kind regards,

Morma

*Morma Moremi*
Chief Officer
Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI)
Gender and Health Research Unit

*South African Medical Research Council*
Tel: +27 12 339 8548
Skype: Morma Moremi | Website: www.svri.org <http://www.svri.org>

SVRI logo

*Morma Moremi*
: Gender and Health Division

*South African Medical Research Council*
Tel: +27 12 3398548 | Cell:
1 Soutpansberg Road | Pretoria | Gauteng
www.samrc.ac.za <http://www.samrc.ac.za>
SAMRC

Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/SA-Medical-Research-Council/149479531731987>

LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/south-african-medical-research-council>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/MRCza>

Disclaimer - The information contained in this communication from the
sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient
and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking
action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. This email has been automatically
archived by Mimecast SA (Pty) Ltd This e-mail and its contents are
subject to the South African Medical Research Council e-mail legal
notice available at http://www.samrc.ac.za/about/EmailLegalNotice.htm.

Regards,
Zarin Hamid
Coordinator, Gender-Based Violence Program
email sig

*16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign*

*Center for Women's Global Leadership
*@*16DaysCampaign *|*#16Days*

Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey | 160 Ryders Lane | New
Brunswick, NJ 08901-8555

Tel: 1-848-932-8782 | Fax: 1-732-932-1180 | http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu