[16days_discussion] Fwd: May 24 celebration | Launch Gender & Militarism Social Media Campaign

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon May 19 15:41:23 EDT 2014

** Please distribute widely - Apologies for Cross Posting**

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce the worldwide celebration of May 24
-_International Women?s Day for Peace and Disarmament_ ? marking also
the launch of the _Gender & Militarism Social Media Campaign_.

On May 24, International Women?s Day for Peace and Disarmament - the
Women Peacemakers Program (WPP) celebrates the historic efforts of women
being at the forefront of peacebuilding and disarmament. We highlight
the continuous efforts for incorporating women?s voices and leadership
in peace processes, and emphasize the importance of investing in peace
and disarmament.

On our website you can already find a list with ten May 24 activities
taking place all over the world. Workshops, Twitter Chats, film
screenings; there are many ways to join the celebrations! Please let us
know if you have any additions for this list. You can find the list here:

https://www.womenpeacemakersprogram.org/may-24/

This year, May 24 will also mark the launch of the social media campaign
on ?/Gender & Militarism: Analyzing the Linkages to Strategize for
Peace/?. _We call on you to participate_ in this campaign by sharing
your own stories, organize your own social media event, post resources
and/or visuals on gender & militarism or by contributing to the Facebook
and Twitter discussions (#Gender&Militarism).

See how you can participate on the Gender & Militarism Campaign Page,
including a Social Media Toolkit (also attached) with sample tweets and
Facebook messages.

https://www.womenpeacemakersprogram.org/may-24/gender-and-militarism-campaign/

We will post regular updates regarding the campaign on Facebook and
Twitter (@_WPP_).

As a start, you can participate in the hour long Twitter Chat
<https://twitter.com/16DaysCampaign> by the 16 Days Campaign of the
Center for Women's Global Leadership, taking place on May 23, 10-11 AM
EDT. Or, starting from May 19, you can join the week long Facebook
discussion
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ekumenska-inicijativa-%C5%BEena/319587991515243?fref=ts> on
Women, Peace & Disarmament by the Ecumenical Women's Initiative.

We are looking forward to your support for the ?Gender and Militarism
Campaign?, and we hope you will join our celebration of May 24.

With kind regards,

*The WPP Team*
/Women Peacemakers Program/

Women Peacemakers Program
Laan van Meerdervoort 70, 2517 AN Den Haag
The Netherlands
T: +31 (70) 345 2617
E: info at womenpeacemakersprogram.org
<mailto:info at womenpeacemakersprogram.org>
W: www.womenpeacemakersprogram.org <http://www.womenpeacemakersprogram.org/>

--
The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign