[16days_discussion] Abducted Nigerian School Girls

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Thu May 1 16:06:06 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Thanks Jennifer for sharing this. I think this is the link you're
referring to :
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2014/04/nigeria-kidnapped-girls-sold-into-marriage-2014430174029374520.html.

As far as I've read on this, nothing has been fully confirmed, including
who has actually taken them. Does anyone know what the government is
doing to find this out?

-Zarin

On 5/1/2014 10:07 AM, Jennifer Bushee wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> There's an article on Al-Jazeera's mobile site (saw yesterday but it's
> probably still on) reporting on kidnapped girls having been sold into
> marriage, for USD 12 "a piece" to Boko Haram fighters.
>
> Perhaps the link to forced/child marriage opens up the possibility for
> more governments to raise their voices and diplomacy on what has happened.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jennifer
>
> *Jennifer Bushee*
>
> *Senior Advisor, Gender and SRHR*
>
> jbushee at stopaidsnow.nl <mailto:jbushee at stopaidsnow.nl>
>

> *STOP AIDS NOW!*
> Keizersgracht 390*, *1016 GB Amsterdam
> *t *+31(0)206262669 *f *+31(0)206275221
> www.stopaidsnow.org <http://www.stopaidsnow.org/>

The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign
Center for Women's Global Leadership
School of Arts and Sciences | Rutgers,The State University of New Jersey
160 Ryders Lane | New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8555
Tel: 1-848-932-8782 | Fax: 1-732-932-1180
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu | Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu
Join the conversation on Twitter!: @16DaysCampaign
What Does Security Mean to You?  Join us in redefining security from the ground up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cwglsecurityproject