[16days_discussion] Child "Marriage" is Sexual Violence

Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda nyaradzai.gumbonzvanda at worldywca.org
Thu Jul 31 14:27:19 EDT 2014

Colleagues

I shared with you my call for the adoption of “Ending Child and Forced Marriage” as the theme of the 2015 16 Day of Activism on ending violence against women. There has been overwhelming response in support of this call. I am putting together a more analytical document for this proposition. I appreciate your on-going support.

Social media is a strong platform for awareness raising, advocacy, sharing of best practices and upcoming events for the Africa Campaign. I invite you to LIKE, TWEET, TAG, Email  with me and many others, as we push for action in communities and at national level for an end to child “marriage” which is actually a crime, violence against women, rape, sexual abuse or abduction. I am also sharing with you my recent interview with BBC News.

https://www.facebook.com/OurGirlsAfrika
https://twitter.com/OurGirlsAfrika
email: ambassador2endchildmarriage at gmail.com<mailto:ambassador2endchildmarriage at gmail.com>

BBC News Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7c8tzpwTmI&feature=youtu.be

Best regards

Nyaradzayi Gumbonzvanda
General Secretary, World YWCA
AU Goodwill Ambassador for Campaign to End Child Marriage