[16days_discussion] Updates: Day 5 of the 16 Days Campaign and International Women Human Rights Defenders Day!

16days (Task Account) 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 29 09:36:27 EST 2013

Greetings!

Today is Day 5 of the 16 Days Campaign and International Women Human Rights Defenders Day. Learn more about Women Human Rights Defenders http://www.defendingwomen-defendingrights.org / and read the Take Action Kit Information Sheet #5 .

We are also posting events planned by you, retweeting from others to highlight the great work they are doing, and sharing other information. Below are some items we have been posting on social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) and we encourage you read, comment, and share. In case you have missed any of our posts,we are sending you the Question of the Day and today´s blog post.

Question of the Day:
What can we do to ensure that WHRDs are protected?

Blog Post of the Day :

by Amal Elmohandes on being a Women Human Rights Defender in Egypt, [Appalled by the sexual assaults that took place in Tahrir Square, and after attending a volunteers’ meeting for Operation Anti-Sexual Harassment (OpAntiSH)...] Read more: http://cwgl.tumblr.com/ Please comment and share. Follow Nazra for Feminist Studies: @NazraEgypt

16 Days Events Happening Today:

Region: Online/Netherlands