[16days_discussion] Updates: Day 4 of the 16 Days Campaign

16days (Task Account) 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 28 11:45:11 EST 2013

Greetings!

Today is Day 4 of the 16 Days Campaign! You can see what's happening throughout the Campaign by checking the events bulletin: http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/events and sharing your own: http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/submit-your-2013-16-days-events

We are also posting events planned by you, retweeting from others to highlight the great work they are doing, and sharing other information. Below are some items we have been posting on social media (Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr) and we encourage you read, comment, and share. We are sharing some key posts online and want to keep you informed via email:

Question of the Day: What alternatives challenge traditional forms of masculinity?

Blog Post of the Day by Michael Kaufman on men as allies in ending violence against women through the White Ribbon Campaign, […There were three of us, inspired by the women around us, who started the White Ribbon Campaign in 1991 in Canada where I live. At the time, it was unusual for men to speak out against men’s violence towards women…] Read more: http://cwgl.tumblr.com/ Please comment and share. Follow Michael: @GenderEQ

16 Days Events Happening Today
Region: Europe
Country: Poland
Activity: A screening of the movie “Tough Guys, Violence, Media, and Media Gender Crisis” followed by a discussion on the topic. Martin Dziurok of the Crisis Intervention Society will also be speaking at the event.