[16days_discussion] Updates: Day 3 of the 16 Days Campaign

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Wed Nov 27 09:55:45 EST 2013

Greetings!

Today is Day 3 of the 16 Days Campaign!  You can see what's happening
throughout the Campaign by checking the events bulletin:
*http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/events* and sharing
your
own:*http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/submit-your-2013-16-days-events*

We are also posting events planned by you, retweeting from others to
highlight the great work they are doing, and sharing other information.
Below are some items we have been posting on social media (Twitter,
Facebook, and Tumblr) and we encourage you read, comment, and share. In
case you have missed any of our posts,we are sending you a few key posts
made in the last two days to keep you in the loop.

*Question of the Day: *What are policymakers doing to address GBV in
your community?*
*

**

*Blog Post of the Day *by Angelika Kartusch on GBV, CEDAW, and
legislative reform! [The UN Women's Rights Convention -- An
International Framework for Legislative Reform to Eliminate Violence
against Women...] Read more:
<http://cwgl.tumblr.com>*http://cwgl.tumblr.com/***Please comment and
share. Follow the WAVE Network: /@WAVE_europe
<https://twitter.com/WAVE_europe>
/

*16 Days Events Happening
Today*<http://www.womensaid.ie/16daysblog/2013/11/11/one-in-five-women-balloon-release-in-cavan/>

Region: Africa

Country: Nigeria

Activity: Posters and fliers of 16 days of Activism will be reproduced
and localized in Igbo the local language and in English for distribution
on the 26th. Local women and girls of diverse age and background will be
mobilized to march from the office to the town hall carry posters, and
local music instruments. This will help create public awareness.On the
27^th , GIWYN will organize a forum which will include religious
leaders, human right defenders, women ,girls, men and boys to create a
space to discuss fully different types of violations and how to end them.

Dates: November 26-27

Region: Europe

Country: Ireland

Activity: Women's Aid and groups across Ireland will stage balloon
releases to raise awareness that one in five women in Ireland is
affected by domestic abuse. Groups will use this opportunity to educate
the community about resources available to combat abuse.