[16days_discussion] Video + Press Release: Girls are Leaders. Leaders are Storytellers.

Shea Morrissey shea.morrissey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:41:08 EST 2013

Friends,

Around the world, it’s clear that a key component of leadership – at every
level – is sharing our own stories.  Think Sheryl Sandberg, Ayaan
Hirsi Ali,Malala Yousafzai. Their stories of triumph, as well as
hardship, are core
to their leadership. Stories carry an inspirational and transformative
power, not just for listeners, but also for the storyteller. As we learn
how to articulate our stories, we feel stronger, more confident and poised
to face our own challenges and those in our community, including the global
issue of gender based violence (GBV).

Please join us in amplifying girls' voices.  *Watch. Listen.
Share.*<http://womenwin.org/stories/digital-storytelling-project>

In solidarity,

Shea Morrissey

womenwin.org