[16days_discussion] 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence is 2 weeks away!

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 11 17:43:06 EST 2013

Greetings from the 16 Days Campaign!

The *16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence* *Campaign* is*2
weeks away* with the theme: *"From Peace in the Home to Peace in the
World: Let's Challenge Militarism and End Violence Against Women!".
*Here at the Center for Women's Global Leadership, we are excited for
the activities planned around the world for this year.

Each day there is an increasing number of events posted on the Campaign
Calendar <http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar>, so don't
forget to share your plans as well by filling out the form online:
http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/submit-an-event.
Submitting an event to the calendar is a great way to spread the word
about your work and be recognized as a participating organization!

Don't forget to share your photos, videos, and other content that
highlights your work with us as we will be promoting your actions in the
lead up and throughout the 16 Days Campaign!

The 16 Days Campaign would like to share with you a few reminders and
resources as we move together toward November 25^(International Day for
the Elimination of Violence Against Women):

*Online Campaign Calendar
<http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar>- Share your plans:*

**

Help spread the word about 16 Days Campaign activities happening in your
area or around the world. Submit your plans to the online Campaign
Calendar: http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/submit-an-event

Remember: Submit just _one entry_ that lists _all_ of your plans during
the Campaign, rather than submitting a separate event form for each
activity. You can also upload several documents that explain your
events. The calendar is searchable by region and country.

*Join the 16 Days Campaign on Social Media:__*

_
_

Engage with the Campaign through social media to raise awareness about
gender-based violence and highlight relevant issues, resources, and
activists and organizations. Follow the Campaign's Twitter handle
@16DaysCampaign <https://twitter.com/16DaysCampaign>!

Become a fan of "The Official 16 Days of Activism Against Gender
Violence Campaign" Facebook fan page
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-16-Days-of-Activism-Against-Gender-Violence-Campaign/134783551561>
and receive updates about what's happening around the world and with the
Campaign. So far we have nearly 49, 297 fans - let's see if we can grow
that number even more!

*Take Action Kits*

The Take Action Kit materials are available electronically in several
languages on our
website:http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2013-campaign/2013-take-action-kit
Additional translations of the theme announcement can be found here:
http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2013-campaign/theme-announcement

Additional translations: If are interested in volunteering your time to
translate any of the kit materials into another language, please contact
us at 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu <mailto:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>. We will
gladly share these translations on the 16 Days website so that they can
be shared with other groups around the world!

*Upcoming 16 Days Campaign Events Around the World:*

Region: Pacific

Country: Australia

Activity: To mark the beginning of the 16 Days Campaign, IWDA will
screen the movie "I am a Girl" Following the screening, director Rebecca
Barry will answer questions about the film and guests will have the
option to take part in an interactive IWDA film short to raise awareness
about violence against women.