[16days_discussion] WLUML at CSW57 - Global Campaign to Stop Stoning

Ujwala Dixit udixitmd at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:03:34 EST 2013

Do i have to register. If i do and is last minute cancellation ok if
needed.
Great conference
Tks.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:38 AM, Naureen Shameen <Naureen at wluml.org> wrote:

> Dear all, ****
>
> ** **
>
> Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) is excited to be attending CSW57,
> where we will hold  a panel this March 8th on the ongoing practice of
> stoning, featuring experts from Iran and Afghanistan. All are warmly
> invited to our panel!****
>
> ** **
>
> Please see below for further details. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Best regards,****
>
> ** **
>
> Naureen Shameem****
>
> Women Living Under Muslim Laws – International Coordination Office****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> [image: LOGO Capital Letters PNG]**
>
> * *
>
> *UN Commission on the Status of Women 57 - Panel*****
>
>  ****
>
> *The Global Campaign to Stop Stoning : Why stoning is violence against
> women ?  *****
>
>  ****
>
> *Friday, March 8, 2013*****
>
> *2:30 p.m.*****
>
> *Church Center for the UN - 10th Floor*****
>
> *777 United Nations Plaza - NYC*****
>
>  ****
>
> *Distinguished Panelists *  ****
>
> * *
>
> **·         ***Welcome Remarks and Overview on Human Rights Implicated in
> Stoning  *Zarizana Abdul Aziz, Chair,  Women  Living Under Muslim Laws
> (WLUML)****
>
> **·         ***Stoning in Iran * Amani  Elahe, Chair, Women’s
> Intercultural Network – Global Circles and Board Member, Global Advisory
> Stop Stoning Forever ****
>
> **·         ***Stoning in Afghanistan  *Wazhma Frogh, Co-founder &
> Executive Director, Research Institute for Women Peace & Security –
> Afghanistan* ***
>
> **·         ***An overview on women’s struggles against stoning   *Leila
> Mouri , WLUML feminist-activist and PhD candidate, Gender and Sexuality in
> post-revolutionary Iran, Department of Middle East, South Asia and Africa
> Studies, Columbia University. **
>
> **·         ***A call for a UN Resolution to Stop Stoning*  Lois A.
> Herman, Coordinator, Women's UN Report Network ****

*Have a nice day. *
*I look forward to hearing from you soon. *
*Thank you.*

*Warm Regards, *

* *
*Ujwala Dixit**, MD*
*Adult, Child & Adolescent *
*Psychiatrist*
*Founder-CEO*
*Healthy Minds, LLC*
*Media Pa*
*Phone: (610) 355-1350*
*www.healthymindsmd.com*

*A gentle reminder, we do not accept any clinical info via emails. Healthy
Minds respects your privacy and safeguarding is our utmost priority.
Appreciate your understanding. *

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
please note that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful. If received in error, please delete
this email and any attachments and confirm this to the sender. Thank you.*