[16days_discussion] Call for Input: 16 Days Campaign 2013

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Apr 8 17:01:53 EDT 2013

Dear Activists and Friends:

As the global coordinator of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender
Violence Campaign, the *Center for Women's Global Leadership (CWGL)
seeks your support as we begin preparations for the 2013 Campaign cycle*.

For the past three years, the theme of the Campaign has been "From Peace
in the Home to Peace in the World", to highlight the intersections of
gender based violence and militarism around the world. In 2012, with
feedback from you, the Campaign theme focused on three priority areas:
1) violence perpetrated by state actors; 2) domestic violence and the
role of small arms; and 3) sexual violence during and after conflict.

This year, based on feedback received during the 16 Days Open Forum held
during the 57thCommission on the Status of Women in March, you
highlighted that *economic and social rights (ESR) are imperative and
intricately woven into the greater struggle to end violence against
women* and the realization of a more just and peaceful world for all.

As activists working to end violence against women, there are many
challenges to our work, including lack of support from our communities
and governments, little or no implementation of hard won legislation,
limited resources, and violence and intimidation for stepping away from
hegemonic norms of patriarchy and hetero-normativity. Economic and
social rights are linked to the physical and structural violence women
face, and activists working to end these inequalities and forms of
violence are addressing these linkages.

*CWGL invites you to share your experiences on working for economic and
social rights as a means to achieving women's rights and ending
gender-based violence, including challenges affecting your work. Your
feedback will contribute to the development of the theme.* Please, also
*share any resources or fact sheets you have on this issue.*

We are eager to hear from you so we request that you *send us your
feedback by Monday, April 30*.

Thank you,

Center for Women's Global Leadership (CWGL)

--
The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Center for Women's Global Leadership
School of Arts and Sciences
Skype: cwgl_16days
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu