[16days_discussion] Rape Culture

Jeanne Sarson twin2 at eastlink.ca
Wed Sep 19 16:44:24 EDT 2012

You’re welcome Kathy! And a special thanks also to 16days because as you say it is important for women to have the safe and free space to disclose the reality of the many forms of violence women and girls suffer. 16days obviously has and is providing this space.

There can be no greater harm and human rights violation than to have a spouse, a parent, inter-generational like-minded family members, or a guardian commit such brutal tortures. All of the persons who have contacted Linda and I from many industrialized countries state that these were/are their prime torturers who then trafficked them for torturing to like-minded ‘client-perpetrators’, exploiters and pornographers, etc.. The manner in which patriarchal society has organized power into the family unit has facilitated the ‘perfect’ cover. And yes Kathy, animal-human brutalities, as you mention, are a common tool of the MO of the torturers that Linda and I have come to understand.

Thanks again for all the work you do.

Jeanne Sarson
Canada
www.nonstatetorture.org