[16days_discussion] Concept Paper for CSW57 Expert Group Meeting, 17-20 September

16 Days 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:43:01 EDT 2012

Dear 16 Days Activists,

As you may know, the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
<http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/csw/57sess.htm> will consider
'Elimination and prevention of all forms of violence against women and
girls" as its priority theme during its fifty-seventh session in 2013.

In order to contribute to a full understanding of the issue and to
assist the Commission in its deliberations, United Nations Entity for
Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) will convene an
Expert Group Meeting on the prevention of violence against women and
girls in Bangkok, Thailand, from 17 to 20 September 2012.

As we gear up for the 16 Days Campaign and CSW57, we wanted to share
with you the Concept Note for the expert meeting, attached.  More
information about the meeting, including the Concept Note, is available at:

http://www.unwomen.org/events/59/expert-group-meeting-prevention-of-violence-against-women-and-girls/.

In solidarity,
The 16 Days Team

--
The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu

What Does Security Mean to You?  Join us in redefining security from the ground up: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cwglsecurityproject