[16days_discussion] Disturbing Rise in Rape Cases in Ndop, NorthWest, Cameroon

ekua ansah-eshon attwwar at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 05:14:55 EDT 2012

Dear Friends, I have just finished reading this report on accendancy of rape in Ndop northwestern part of

 Cameron and have some questions to ask.
1. Is there an Association  of  Teachers, if  yes what have they done about this practice that is  bringing their  image into the mud?.If not,
     I belive Cameroon has a national Teachers' Organization which has an affilliation with the World's Teachers'Organization. If this is so  or  even if it is not, Can't we as women mashall our voices in protest to the worlds Teachers Organization and the Cameroon National Teachers' Organization, demanding, professionalizim and ethige the  Cameroonian embassies in their countries with a bombadment of pr otest massages and petition letters with as many signatures as can be collected, denanding redress through justice and compensation for the victim.    As soon as I send this  message off, I will draft the petittion leter for  Ghana and set the machinary in motion for the collection of the signatures. I suggest that since  the rappist   is known, his profile with pictures be circulated to us to attache to the letters. 'It is time to walk our talk'. Iwill send feedback on allactions taken on this issueWe have to use all resources available
 to us to make the change we desire and yearn for. We require defacto equity.  The emancipation move is on. Stay blessed

Ekua Ansah-Eshon
(Executive Coordinator)

ATCWAR (Advocates and Trainers for Children  Women's  Advancements and Rights)

Location

Plot # C 32

Airport Ridge(Near MTN Mast), Takoradi
P.O.Box TD 1256