[16days_discussion] we need a global call and vigil and memory for the tortured student of India now

Eva Quistorp equistorp at aol.com
Fri Dec 28 18:49:39 EST 2012

dear sisters and colleagues
many of you will have followed the sad and ugly news from india about
the group rape in a bus in India
the tortured student by this male group crime
has died some moments ago
after more sufferings in operations
doctors who tried to keep her life
many thousands wonderful women and students and protesters who stood up
in the streets
of India,thanks to them,
this male group crime will not be forgotten and we all will follow the trial
and the debate and consequences in the Parliament in India, in the media
and daily anti women agenda in many parts of India
We should ask the womens movement in India how we can support them now
we cannot just wait for the traditional 25.11.
should we not all wear mourning dresses and go to the indian embassies
on the day of
her funeral or just tomorrow and the 2.of January,why not go there some
days like in India??
and take up the same slogans as the protestgroups in India,
which have been restricted by the government?
who killed the tv jornalist in one of these rallies?
I hope to get propsals from India and those of you who work with women
from India for many
years
I think about going to the embassy of India tomorrow or the next days
in the new year
let us all take her memory and of thos 100 000 raped indian women, who
never got justice
even not the truth and of all those in Congo and elsewhere
and organise global protest against media and internet pages and
computergames
  which make out of violence against grils and women and out of their
humilation
an entertainment
and police and lawyers and politicians and media people and rich men and
crime groups
like a mafia who let the crimes be hidden and forgotten without punishment

Hope to read from you and have a