[16days_discussion] Call for Abstracts - Gender & Activism in the Middle East - JMEWS

elga salvador elga.salvador at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:51:02 EST 2012

Greetings to all of you:
I am sharing a call for abstracts on Gender and Activism in the Middle East.
All the best,
Elga

*JOURNAL OF MIDDLE EAST WOMEN'S STUDIES*

http://www.jmews.org/programs/distinguished-lecture-workshop/

 The *Journal of Middle East Women’s Studies* (*JMEWS*) is the official
publication of the Association for Middle East Women’s Studies (AMEWS). Its
purpose is to advance the fields of Middle East women’s and gender studies
through contributions from multiple disciplines in the social sciences and
humanities.

*Call for Abstracts: 2013 Distinguished Lecture and Research Workshop*

*Gender and Activism in the Middle East *

We are pleased to announce that the 2013 *Journal of Middle East Women's
Studies* (*JMEWS*) Distinguished Lecture and Research Workshop will take
place on Friday, April 19, at Yale University and will explore the topic of
"Gender and Activism in the Middle East." Our Distinguished Lecturer will
be Dr. Nadje Al-Ali, Professor of Gender Studies at the University of
London's School of Oriental and African Studies.

On that day, we will also feature morning and afternoon research workshops
around the conference theme. We encourage you to present your research or
to attend this event as a guest.

In order to present your research, please submit a 200-word abstract to
jmews at yale.edu by February 1, 2013. Unfortunately, we are unable to
reimburse participants for any costs associated with presenting at or
attending the conference.