[16days_discussion] CWGL Celebrates International Human Rights Day & 16 Days

16 Days 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 10 16:34:07 EST 2012

Dear Activists,

Today, the 64^th anniversary of the signing of the Universal Declaration
of Human Rights, is a day for both celebration and recognition of the
continued struggle for the realization of human rights worldwide.It is
imperative that economic policy is informed by the material realities of
people's lives. CWGL commemorates Human Rights Day every day by
continuing to magnify the linkages between economic and social rights,
gender equality and macroeconomic policies in the coming year.

We are also ending the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence
Campaign <http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/>.We thank you for your
participation and for your continued struggle to end gender-based
violence.We acknowledge and celebrate the work of thousands of
individuals, like you, and organizations around the world, who have
tirelessly engaged in multiple ways to challenge militarism and end
violence against women.

At the Center, we are continuing our efforts to redefine human security
through The Security Project
<http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu/program-areas/gender-based-violence/security-project>.We
invite you to submit your thoughts on what security means to you through
our anonymous, three-question survey
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/cwglsecurityproject>.We thank those who
have participated.Your feedback will help guide our advocacy on state
spending priorities and national budgets.

The human rights violations we encounter challenges us to act in
solidarity to promote peace at all levels, in our homes, communities,
countries, and the world. We stand with you as we work to realize our
vision of a more peaceful and just world.

In Solidarity,

The 16 Days Team

The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Center for Women's Global Leadership
School of Arts and Sciences
Skype: cwgl_16days
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu