[16days_discussion] 16 countries fighting street harassment

Holly Kearl hollykearl at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 16:02:11 EST 2012

Happy Human Rights Day and Day #16 of 16!

I run the Stop Street Harassment website and every day during the 16 days, I featured one new country that took action to stop street harassment this year.

The countries are:
1. Germany | 2. Belgium | 3. Myanmar | 4. Israel | 5. Sri Lanka | 6. South Africa | 7. Azerbaijan 8. Afghanistan

9. Yemen | 10. Pakistan | 11. Turkey | 12. Nepal | 13. Russia | 14. United Kingdom | 15. India | 16.Egypt

I also wanted to let you all know that between April 7-13, 2013, I am organizing the second annual Meet Us on the Street: International Anti-Street Harassment Week. It's a week to collectively speak out against street harassment worldwide. Here's what happened this past spring. For the week of action in 2013, I suggest that every groups take action
literally on the streets by spreading messages with chalk, organizing street theater or a rally, or by holding up anti-harassment signs in a
group.

If anyone on this listserv is interested in participating, let me know.  I am looking for co-sponsors for 2013 (at minimum, all you have to do is advertise the week to your networks) and participants. (And I will update the website this month to reflect the new information for 2013!)

Thanks,
Holly Kearl

http://www.hollykearl.com | @hkearl

Founder: Stop Street Harassment