[16days_discussion] WOZA Founder Williams Receives French Order of Merit

16 Days 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:29:56 EST 2011

The Center for Women's Global Leadership congratulates WOZA Founder and
National Coordinator Jenni Williams on being awarded the French National
Order of Merit.  Her work exemplifies the spirit and vision of the 16
Days Campaign to end gender-based violence, and to create a more
peaceful world.

In her acceptance speech, Ms. WIlliams notes:

"In this harsh economic climate, there is no peace in our homes and
women are the punching bag. It is said that sexual harassment is
experienced by up to 70 % of women and I am one of the 70%. Women aged
15-44 are more at risk from rape and domestic violence than from cancer,
car accidents, war, and malaria. This year the theme is From Peace in
the Home to Peace in the World: Let's Challenge Militarism and End
Violence against Women."

For information on WOZA, see http://wozazimbabwe.org/.

Congratulations, Ms. Williams!

--
The 16 Days Team
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu