[16days_discussion] Fwd: WOCN Leadership/Aspiring Allies Project Applications

Center for Women's Global Leadership cwgl at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 29 12:12:38 EST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	WOCN Leadership/Aspiring Allies Project Applications
Date: 	Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:07:28 -0500
From: 	Tonya Lovelace <tlovelace at nrcdv.org>
To: 	Tonya Lovelace <tlovelace at nrcdv.org>

Hello all,

As you may know, we are in partnership with the FVPSA Office to
implement the WOCN Leadership Academy and Aspiring Allies Project. The
first round of states that we are working with over the next 18 months
are Vermont, Virginia, Minnesota and New Jersey.

Leadership Fellows will receive skills building training, mentoring, and
networking opportunities that will enhance the leadership will build
skills and enhance the potential for talented women of color, immigrant
or refugeewomen, disabled women, LGBTQ women and women from other
underserved populations to become our next generation of leaders in
violence against women programs and the movement working to combat
violence against women.

This project is at no cost to them or their agency. The only investment
is time on bi-weekly calls or webinars with homework in between.Fellows
will also attend 3 national face-to-face leadership academy convenings
over a year and a half and will participate in a regular webinars and
conference calls.

We are also seeking applicants for the Aspiring Allies training
program.Aspiring Allies will participate in an 18-month distance
learning program.Participation will build allies’ skills and enhance
their abilities to support, share leadership with and collaborate
effectively with women of color, immigrant women and other underserved
women leaders in the diverse multi-cultural, multi-ethnic violence
against women field.

Please help us recruit participants for the WOCN Leadership Academy and
the Aspiring Allies program.Share this application broadly to encourage
individuals you know apply.

For questions about the Leadership Academy Fellowships and the Aspiring
Allies program, interested parties can contact me at 800-537-2238, ext
146. They may also contact the following state leads:

  * Minnesota: Lani Suarez, 651-646-6177
  * New Jersey: Rose Williams, 609-584-8107
  * Vermont: Rocio Mora, 802-223-1302
  * Virginia: Cathy Coleman and Quillen Drew, 804/377-0335

Best wishes,

Tonya

*
*

*
*

*
*

**

*
*

*PLEASE NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: tlovelace at nrcdv.org
<mailto:tlovelace at nrcdv.org>*

Tonya Lovelace, MA

Director, Women of Color Network

3605 Vartan Way

Suite 101

Harrisburg, PA 17110

Phone: 800-537-2238 or 717-545-6400, ext 146

Fax: 717-545-9456

tlovelace at nrcdv.org <mailto:tlovelace at nrcdv.org>

Visit our website at http://womenofcolornetwork.org
<http://womenofcolornetwork.org/>

Join the WOCN Cause on Facebook at http://www.causes.com/causes/292131

Women of Color Network is a project of National Resource Center on
Domestic Violence, Inc.

"The master's tools will not dismantle the master's house." -Audre Lorde