[16days_discussion] CWGL Celebrates 16 Days Launch: Letter from Radhika Balakrishnan

cwgl at rci.rutgers.edu cwgl at rci.rutgers.edu
Fri Nov 25 09:06:19 EST 2011

Dear Fellow Activists and Friends,

The Center for Women’s Global Leadership joins you in celebrating the
launch of the 21st annual 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence
Campaign! This year’s theme is From Peace in the Home to Peace in the
World: Let’s Challenge Militarism and End Violence Against Women!  This
theme brings to the fore the ways in which the violence we encounter is
often profoundly influenced by national, regional, and international
policies and practices, and challenges us to act in solidarity to promote
an end to militarism and violence against women.

At the Center, we’ve been busy working to respond to your requests in
support of your work so that together we can ensure the success of the
Campaign to end gender violence.

We would like to thank those of you who have so generously given of your
time and skills to organize events, promote the Campaign, and translate
the theme announcement!

On behalf of the staff and supporters of the Center for Women’s Global
Leadership we wish you every success in your efforts to promote an end to
violence against women and build peace in the world!

In Solidarity,
Radhika Balakrishnan
Executive Director
Center for Women’s Global Leadership

--
Radhika Balakrishnan, PhD
Executive Director, Center for Women's Global Leadership
Email: cwgl at rci.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu