[16days_discussion] NOV 25 16 DAYS TWEETATHON

Aprille Muscara amuscara at ips.org
Mon Nov 21 14:18:11 EST 2011

Dear friends,

To raise awareness of this year's 16 Days of Activism Against Gender
Violence campaign and of gender-based violence in general, a group of us
are planning a Tweetathon this Friday, 25 Nov 2011. As you know, Friday is
the first of the 16 Days and the International Day for Ending Violence
Against Women.

Please consider supporting our initiative by:

Participating in the Tweetathon: Join the conversation by using the #16days
hashtag. (Reply to this e-mail and let us know if you plan to participate
so we can keep an eye out for your tweets!)

Donating a Tweet, or several. Here are a few suggestions:
"This Friday is #IDEVAW and the start of #16days2011. Join the #16days
tweetathon on 25 Nov to spread awareness about #GBV & #VAW"
"Today is #IDEVAW and the start of #16days2011. What can we do to combat
#GBV & #VAW all year? Share your thoughts using the #16days hashtag"
"Happening now: #16days tweetathon. Check out what people are saying about
#GBV & #VAW and join the conversation! #IDEVAW #16days2011"
"#FollowFriday: the #16days tweetathon! #GBV #VAW #IDEVAW #16days2011 #FF"

Telling your friends:
Forward this message, post it on your blog and share it on your social
networks.

Many thanks for your support - and we hope you can participate on Friday!

Best,
@thegenderwire

And our partners in this initiative so far (let's grow this list!):
@apc_news
@takebackthetech
@afafrica
@GlobalFundWomen