[16days_discussion] Fwd: Please join the struggle of the survivors of military sexual slavery

16 Days 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Nov 21 11:00:00 EST 2011

We send oursisterhoodand respect to those of you in various parts of the
world who are fighting for the protection of and development in women’s
human rights and its peaceful stability.

'The Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by
Japan' (The Korean Council) is an organization striving to solve matters
in regards to military sexual slavery by Japan during WWII, which is one
of the most tragic violation against women's human rights during the
war. The Korean Council has endeavored to bring back justice and dignity
to the victims since 1990. Our continuous campaigns have drawn great
attention from international and national supporters. We all agreed that
the violation against women's human rights in war is still happening
around the world and realized the seriousness of the matter.

The Korean Council wishes to restore the victims’ rights and dignity by
solving the “comfort women” issue and is trying to form solidarity with
women who are experiencing similar pain from current wars and armed
conflicts. The Korean Council is working to prevent the recurrence of
similar warcrime and is participating in bringing peace to Asia and the
world.

For the past 20 years, The Korean Council with Japanese military
“comfort women” victims, who are now in their 80s and 90s, have fought
in front of Embassy of Japan in Korea demanding formal apology, legal
reparation, and other just claims. We call this fight as “Wednesday
Demonstration.” Every Wednesday at noon at the same place we have
demanded solution to the Japanese military “comfort women” problem. This
coming December 14th will mark the extraordinary 1000th Wednesday
Demonstration. As The Korean Council welcomes 1000th demonstration mark,
we ask women from all over the world to act in solidarity and join the
Japanese military “comfort women” victims in their persistent fight.

In this kit are:

*/Intro: What is the ‘Comfort Women’ issue & ‘Wednesday Demonstration’/**//*

*//**/Action Guideline 1. Offline Action /**//*

*//**/Action Guideline 2. Online Action/**//*

*//**/Actions in Korea/**//*

*//**/Images: Banners & Poster/**//*

*//**/A sample petition letter to be sent to the Japanese government/**//*

*/A sample request letter for solidarity message/**//*

*//**/Application Form/**//*

*//**/Contact Information/**//*

*//*

Please see attached kit.

We hope that more women and people advocating human rights can join us
in our worldwide solidarity movement, “Justice for ‘Comfort Women’!”

In solidarity,

The Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by
Japan

The Korean Council for the Women Drafted for Military Sexual Slavery by
Japan
The 3rd Fl, Yeongeondong 195-15, Jongrogu,
Seoul 110-460, Korea
서울시 종로구 연건동195-15 (3층)
Tel. 02-365-4016 FAx. 02-365-4017
www.womenandwar.net. www.whrmuseum.com