[16days_discussion] 16 Days Campaign: One Week Until Launch!

16 Days 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 17 15:01:51 EST 2011

Dear 16 Days Participants,

We are just one short week away from the official launch of the 16 Days
Campaign!Events have already started being held across the globe,
bringing renewed attention to the relationships between violence against
women and militarism.At the Center, our project, "What Does 'Security'
Mean to You?" is also underway (check out our project website
<http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2011-campaign/qwhat-is-securityq-submissions>
to learn more). We invite you to visit our official 16 Days Campaign
website
<http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2011-campaign/qwhat-is-securityq-submissions>
in the weeks ahead, and please remember to submit your event
information, photos, press releases, and other activity updates to
16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu <mailto:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>!

*_Online Campaign Calendar_*
http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/campaign-calendar/submit-an-event

To help spread the word about 16 Days Campaign activities happening
around the world, you can submit your plans to our online Campaign
Calendar. We ask that you submit just _one entry_ that lists _all_ of
your plans during the campaign, rather than submitting a separate event
form for each activity. You can also upload several documents that
explain your events. The calendar is searchable by region and country.
Submit your information today and spread the word!!

*_Take Action Kits_*

Don't forget that Take Action Kit materials are available electronically
in several languages on our website:
http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2011-campaign/2011-take-action-kit.
Additional translations of the theme announcement can be found here:
http://16dayscwgl.rutgers.edu/2011-campaign/theme-announcement.

*Additional translations:* If are interested in volunteering your time
to translate any of the kit materials into another language, please
contact us at 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu <mailto:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>.
We will gladly share these translations on the 16 Days website so that
they can be shared with other groups around the world!

*_Check out our Facebook Page_*

Are you on Facebook? Become a fan of "The Official 16 Days of Activism
Against Gender Violence Campaign" fan page
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Official-16-Days-of-Activism-Against-Gender-Violence-Campaign/134783551561>
to receive updates about what's happening around the world. So far we
have nearly 15,000 fans - let's see if we can grow that number even more!

*_View pictures from previous 16 Days Campaigns!_*

Looking for inspiration this year?Check out the Center's Flickr page,
where we gather Campaign photographs from around the world, at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16dayscampaign/.

Remember to send us your pictures from the 2011 campaign for our album!
Take pictures at events, or upload images of your flyers, and send them
to 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu <mailto:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>. You can
also post them to your own Flickr page and tag them with "16Days."

You can also send us video links, which we'll feature on the 16 Days
Campaign Facebook page
<http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=172773014204&ref=ts#%21/pages/The-Official-16-Days-of-Activism-Against-Gender-Violence-Campaign/134783551561?v=app_3801015922>!

*_This Week's Featured 16 Days Initiatives_*

*Amnesty International (online) -- Blog on Militarism & Violence Against
Women*

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/issues/women-s-rights

**

*Fundación para Estudio e Investigación de la Mujerand ProyectArte
(Argentina) -- Mural & Opening Event*

http://www.feim.org.ar/

*Education Center for the Advancement of Women (Kenya) -- Event Series
on Female Genital Mutilation*

http://www.ecawkenya.org/

*U.S. Congress & Refugees International (United States) -- Congress
Statements & Online Blog*

http://www.refugeesinternational.org/blog

**

/Do you have a 16 Days website or resource that you would like featured
in the next e-Update? Please email //16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu/
<mailto:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu>/with the details!/

In solidarity,

Julie Ann Salthouse

16 Days Campaign Coordinator

--
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email:16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website:http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu

16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu