[16days_discussion] Send Us Your Social Media Accounts

Aprille Muscara amuscara at ips.org
Thu Nov 3 16:48:35 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Just following up on the email Elizabeth sent last week and to reminder you
to please send us your social media accounts so we can include it in the
list we're compiling ahead of the 16 days. We'll be posting the list on our
MDG3 site, Twitter and Facebook to make it easy to follow and share each
other's work.

During the 16 days, IPS will be producing six Storify stories based on this
year's five sub-themes and a final wrap-up/look forward. For those of you
who are unfamiliar with Storify, it basically allows users to tell a story
using social media - so we'll be creating articles using tweets, Facebook
posts, comments, flickr photos, youtube videos, etc. We'll publish these on
our MDG3 site and disseminate on our social media accounts and The Gender
Wire newsletter, so if you want to be featured in them, be sure to send us
links to your Twitter accounts, Facebook pages, blogs, Flickr, etc!

We're also setting up a separate mailing list just for social media, where
we can send 16 days SM content to each other to encourage shares and RT's.
Let us know if you'd like to be included.

Finally, we're planning a virtual workshop and/or strategy call ahead of
the 16 days. The workshop is intended for exchanging general social media
tips and tricks. The stategy call is for coordination to encourage
amplification and dissemination of our respective campaigns through social
media - but if settling on a date/time gets too tricky, maybe we can just
have that discussion on the SM listserv.

Let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to your responses!

*Twitter:
Facebook:
Blog/Flickr/YouTube/Other:
Email for social media listserv:
Interested in social media virtual workshop?
Interested in social media strategy call?

*
Best,

Aprille Muscara
Online Content and Community Manager
ipsnews.net | ips.org | IPS on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/ipsnews> | IPS
on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ipsnews>
529 14th St NW, Ste 1293 | Washington, D.C. 20045
M: 1.818.205.3509 | O: 1.202.662.7161 | F: 1.202.662.7164
@aprilledaughn <http://www.twitter.com/aprilledaughn> | Skype: aprilledaughn