[16days_discussion] FW: February 27, 2011: Request for Proposals Deadline for the 2nd World Conference of Women's Shelters

Kaofeng Lee kl at nnedv.org
Thu Jan 27 12:06:44 EST 2011

Hi all,

Please forward to anyone who may be interested.

Thanks!
Kaofeng
~~

 World Conference of Women's
Shelters<http://ffs.capwiz.com/nnedv/images/newsletter_banner.jpg>
The Deadline for Request for Proposals Is February 27, 2011
The deadline for submitting a proposal to speak at the 2nd World
Conference of Women's Shelters Planning is February 27, 2011. You can
find all of the information and submit a proposal here
<http://worldshelterconference.org/en/participate/proposals.html> . If
you are interested in submitting a proposal, we encourage you to submit
it soon!

Who Should Submit A Proposal?
Advocates, activists and others working with survivors of domestic
violence, sexual assault, trafficking and other forms of violence
against women are encouraged to share their expertise, approaches,
challenges and successes that will be relevant to other shelter
advocates.  If you don't work in an organization that works on violence
against women issues in a shelter or safe space, please be prepared to
explain how your presentation would be applicable to organizations that
work with victims/survivors of violence against women.

Conference Tracks
We will be accepting proposals for the following tracks.  Full details
and potential topics for each track can be found on our website.
<http://worldshelterconference.org/en/participate/proposals/tracks.html>

*	 Shelter Practices and Sustainability
*	 Building Partners to Sustain and Enhance Services
*	 Addressing Barriers and Creating Access
*	 International and Cross-Border Issues
*	Empowering and Supporting Advocates, Activists, and Allies

Session Formats
We have 4 different session formats for you to choose from. Full details
of session formats can be found on our website.
<http://worldshelterconference.org/en/participate/proposals/formats.html

*	 Workshop Sessions
*	 Regional or Topical Roundtable
*	 Shelter Poster Sessions
*	 Shelter Showcases

Please forward this announcement to friends and colleagues who would be
interested in submitting a proposal and/or attending the conference.  If
you haven't done so already, sign up here to receive email notifications
with more information about the conference
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MRJW9XL> .

Other Updates
Be sure to check out the World Conference of Women's Shelters new
website. It's been updated with more information about registering for
the conference. <http://worldshelterconference.org/>

Warm Regards,
The 2nd World Conference of Women's Shelters Planning Team
At the U.S. National Network to End Domestic Violence

For sponsorship opportunities, please email us at sponsorships at nnedv.org
<mailto:sponsorships at nnedv.org> .
Please forward this email to a friend.

If you'd like to unsubscribe, email us
<mailto:announcement-unsubscribe at lists.gnws.org>  with the message
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

The 2nd World Conference of Women's Shelters is hosted by
the U.S. National Network to End Domestic Violence
2001 S Street, NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20009
www.nnedv.org
www.worldshelterconference.org