[16days_discussion] [WorkingWithBoysandMen] Fw: Fwd: UNIFEM and MenEngage Session on Men, GBV and HIV - March 5 at CSW

Ravi Karkara rkarkara at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 21:06:53 EST 2010

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

You’re invited to a discussion on

Engaging Men to End Sexual and Domestic Violence, including in the context of HIV and AIDS

When: March 5, 2010; 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Where: Temporary  North Lawn  Building, Room C

Opening Remarks
Maria Jose Alcala, Senior Advisor, Ending Violence against Women, United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM)

What We Know about Men's Use of Violence and Gender Equality:
Emerging Data from the International Men and Gender Equality Survey (IMAGES)
Gary Barker, International Center for Research on Women and MenEngage Alliance

Policy Responses
The Case of South Africa: Working to End Sexual Violence
Dean Peacock, Sonke Gender Justice Network and MenEngage Alliance

The Case of Brazil: Maria da Penha Law and Engaging Men
Christine Ricardo, Instituto Promundo

Concluding Comments
Taking Stock of Engaging Men: Where We’ve Come, Where We’re Going
Todd Minerson, White Ribbon Campaign-Canada and Margaret Greene, consultant

International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) | 1120 20th St. NW | Suite 500 North | Washington, D.C. 20036