[16days_discussion] Final Reminder! 16 Days Campaign Survey

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:25:23 EST 2010

CWGL logo
Dear colleagues,

This is a final reminder that if you have not had an opportunity to
complete the 16 Days Campaign survey yet, please take a few moments to
do so. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

The survey is attached as a Microsoft Word document (in English,
Spanish, and French), which can be completed and saved locally on your
computer and then sent back as an attachment. If you prefer to respond
by email, the survey questions are listed below for your reference.

Please send your response to 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu.

Thank you once again for all of your work on the campaign!
The CWGL Staff

*2009 Survey - 16 Days Campaign*

1.    *Country:* _______________________________
2.    *Organization:* ____________________________________________
3.    Did you or your organization use any of the 2009 Take Action Kit
materials provided by CWGL when planning for the 2009 campaign?
*
 >  If yes, which materials? (check all that apply)*

[   ] All materials
[   ] 2009 Theme Announcement: "Commit ? Act ? Demand: We CAN End
Violence Against Women"
[   ] Campaign Profile
[   ] Description of Key Dates
[   ] Suggested Actions
[   ] Media Tools
[   ] Sample Proclamation & Guidelines
[   ] Engaging with Men & Boys
[   ] List of Potential Funding Sources
[   ] Honoring the Activist Origins of the 16 Days Campaign
[   ] Ideas for Youth Activists
[   ] 16 Days 2009 Demands for Action
[   ] Important Anniversaries 2009-2010
[   ] Beijing +15 Overview
[   ] UN Initiatives on VAW
[   ] Bibliography and Resource List
[   ] Participants List (1991-2008)
[   ] Framework for Action for UN Secretary General's UNite Campaign
[   ] Campaign Poster or Sticker
[   ] Other resources from CWGL website

*How did you obtain the Take Action Kit?  *
[   ] Downloaded from the website
[   ] Received a hard copy of the kit by mail
[   ] Picked up a copy of the kit at an event or conference
[   ] Found on another website or organization's links
[   ] Other__________________________

*>   If no, why not? (check all that apply)*
[   ] I did not know about the kit
[   ] I already know the materials from previous years of work
[   ] Our local campaign had a different focus
[   ] The materials in the kit were not relevant to or helpful for our work
[   ] We developed our own kit or materials for the campaign OR used a
kit provided by another group
[   ] The kit was not in a language I could easily understand or share
with others
[   ] Other (please explain) _______________________________________________

4.    *What issues did your campaign focus on this year? (check all that
apply)*

[   ] Domestic violence
[   ] A particular piece of legislation
[   ] Women and armed conflict/militarism
[   ] Impact of the financial crisis
[   ] Economic rights of women and access to resources
[   ] White Ribbon Campaign or involving men & boys
[   ] Violence against girls (and/or children in general)
[   ] HIV/AIDS -- intersections with violence against women
[   ] Sexual violence
[   ] Women's use of technology & media
[   ] Trafficking
[   ] Sexual rights
[   ] Women's reproductive health
[   ] Indigenous rights
[   ] Women and the Environment
[   ] Harmful Practices
[   ] Women Human Rights Defenders
[   ] Say NO -- UNiTE Campaign
[   ] Beijing +15 or preparation for another upcoming anniversary
[   ] Gender Equality Architecture Reform (GEAR) at the UN
[   ] Other or more details: ____________________

5.    *What outreach methods did you use? *

[   ] E-mails or listserv
[   ] Handing out campaign materials, such as leaflets, flyers,
stickers, etc.
[   ] Blogs or online communities
[   ] Facebook or another social networking site
[   ] Twitter or SMS / texting campaigns
[   ] YouTube or other video hosting sites
[   ] Advertisements in public places
[   ] Public rally or march
[   ] Radio or television broadcasting
[   ] Talking to people
[   ] Press releases and newspaper articles
[   ] Other ______________________

*
Approximately how many people do you think you reached with your
campaign work? *

6.    *Which events, programs, and/or activities that you planned or
participated in had the most impact on you, your organization,
participants, or your constituents? Why were they so significant and
what made them successful?*

7.    Most campaign participants feel it is important to connect their
work to other groups regionally and internationally that are also
working on the 16 Days Campaign. *What is one way that you connected
your campaign activities to the larger international movement? *(e.g.
created a page on the Say NO -- UNiTE website, coordinated events
through a regional network, etc.)

8.    *Please identify what would enhance your participation in the 16
Days Campaign next year:
 *
[   ] Funding to support activities
[   ] Additional materials and resources (such as: ________________)
[   ] More campaign suggestions or information
[   ] Help with media and public relations
[   ] More volunteers
[   ] Connections with local/regional/global networks
[   ] Technical assistance or skills training
[   ] No additional support needed
[   ] Other _____________________

9.    Based on feedback received during the 2009 campaign, CWGL is
exploring the possibility of a 2010 theme related to structures of
violence and/or the intersections between militarism and gender
violence. *What are your thoughts on this possible theme?*

[   ] Yes, this is a very relevant and important topic
[   ] Maybe, but I would need more information about how the issues will
be framed
[   ] No, here are my suggestions: _____________________

10.   * Additional Comments:*

--
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu