[16days_discussion] Man Up Campaign Summit deadline extended to TODAY

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 8 09:30:48 EST 2010

Deadline for applications extended to today! See list (below) of
priority countries. A message from the Man Up Campaign:

Dear Colleagues,

The Man Up Campaign, will formally launch during the 2010 FIFA World Cup
in South Africa, bringing together a diverse group of up to 200 women
and men (ages 18 to 30 years) from 50 countries at our inaugural Young
Leaders Summit.  This international forum is the first of its kind to
develop capacity and technical expertise among young people of both
genders, who are committed to stopping violence against women and girls
(VAW).

Our _deadline for applications_ to the Summit was just extended to this
Monday _February 8th_, since we need to do more outreach in Europe and
the below countries.  Please help spread word of this unique
opportunity.  We have yet to identify strong delegations from each of
below countries.

_Would you kindly share this opportunity ASAP with your network?_  The
young leaders and stakeholders that attend the Youth Summit will be
tasked with spearheading a movement to stop VAW in their countries so
there is a critical need for strong delegations from the below countries
where there have been few applicants.

Lastly, please encourage your stakeholders to join our online community
as this will also help to get the word out.  Fanning us on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/manupcampaignorg/224300323140?ref=ts
will help strengthen our very exciting five-year campaign.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!  Please let me know if you
have any questions.

Sincerely,
Jessica

*_URGENT: Need applications from the below countries
_*

   1. Algeria
   2. Japan
   3. South Korea
   4. Thailand
   5. Argentina
   6. Guatemala
   7. Honduras
   8. Indigenous America
   9. Denmark
  10. England
  11. Greece
  12. Kosovo
  13. Netherlands
  14. Portugal
  15. Serbia
  16. Slovakia
  17. Spain
  18. Switzerland

--
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu