[16days_discussion] [WorkingWithBoysandMen] Fw: Invitation May 27: Men, Masculinities and Peacebuilding [1 Attachment]

Ravi Karkara rkarkara at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 09:51:13 EDT 2010

Dear friends

As every year, the Women Peacemakers Program will celebrate the International Women's Day for Peace and Disarmament, with a public event and a publication!!

This year, our celebration is entitled: “Together for Transformation”

We warmly invite you to join us and our distinguished guests – International Crisis Group, MenEngage, IANSA, WIDE, Clingendael Institute and ISS - on May 27, and exchange thoughts, ideas and strategies on engaging men and understanding masculinities in the field of women, peace and security.

Early May, we will release our publication on men, masculinities and peacebuilding.

Please find the pre-invitation attached for more information. We kindly ask you to spread this invitation further within your network.

Warmest wishes
José
WPP Information Officer

International Fellowship of Reconciliation
Women Peacemakers Program
Spoorstraat 38
1815 BK Alkmaar
The Netherlands / Pays-Bas
tel +31 (0)72 512 3014 / fax +31 (0)72 515 1102
j.devries at ifor.org
www.ifor.org/WPP

Find us on Facebook: IFOR Women Peacemakers Program

International Fellowship of Reconciliation
Women Peacemakers Program (WPP)

Without peace, development is impossible, and without women, neither peace nor development can take place.

The Women Peacemakers Program (WPP) empowers women world-wide through gender-sensitive nonviolence training and education.

WPP is a program of the International Fellowship of Reconciliation (IFOR). Founded in 1919, IFOR is an inter-faith movement committed to active nonviolence, with branches and affiliates in 43 countries. IFOR has consultative status at the United Nations (ECOSOC) and has included six Nobel Peace Prize Laureates among its members.