[16days_discussion] 2010 Theme Questionnaire - 16 Days Campaign!

16 Days Campaign 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 6 11:53:18 EDT 2010

16 Days Logo                     CWGL logo

Dear Friends,

As mentioned in the 2009 Campaign Survey, the Center for Women's Global
Leadership is considering new directions for the 16 Days Campaign. CWGL
is exploring the possibility of a multi-year theme to address the
intersections between militarism and gender-based violence. Based on the
feedback we received in the surveys, around 47% of respondents said they
would be interested in working on this theme, 46% said maybe (with more
information), and 7% provided other suggestions of themes they were
interested in pursuing.

*16 Days Parallel Event at CSW 54:* With your survey responses in mind,
we held a "16 Days Campaign Round-Table Discussion" on March 3rd at the
United Nations Commission on the Status of Women in New York.
Approximately 120 activists from around the world attended this session,
and we had a very productive, open conversation about what participants
would like from the 16 Days Campaign. CWGL prepared a brief
questionnaire for this session, which we have attached.

We know that only a small percentage of you were able to attend this
meeting, so we would really like to get your feedback via email as we
continue developing the campaign theme. The questionnaire is in English,
but if you feel more comfortable responding to the questions in your
native language, please do so and we will translate your responses.
*Your completed questionnaire should be sent to 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
by _Wednesday, April 14th_*.

CWGL is working to bring new energy to the 20th year of the 16 Days
Campaign, so we hope you'll take several minutes to let us know what you
think!

*We need to hear from you!*
Warm wishes,
The CWGL Staff

*
2010 Theme Questionnaire*

1.  Country:

2.  Organization (if applicable):

3.  CWGL is exploring the possibility of a multi-year theme related to
structures of violence and/or the intersections between militarism and
gender-based violence. What are your thoughts on this possible theme?

4.  Within the topic of militarism and GBV, what are some key issues
that you would be interested in working on or learning about?

5.  Would a theme that focuses on militarism and gender-based violence
detract from or enhance your current work or campaign activities? Please
explain.

6.  If you are interested in this theme, what materials and resources
would be useful to have in the Take Action Kit or on the website?

7.  If you are not interested in this theme, please list some additional
theme suggestions:

8.  If you have worked on the 16 Days Campaign in the past, what can
CWGL improve on for the 2010 campaign? What new approaches and/or
resources would you like from CWGL?

9.  Would you like to be added to the 16 Days e-mail listserve to
receive updates on the campaign and to share resources about violence
against women?

If yes, please provide your e-mail address:

10.  Additional Comments:

--
16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign
Email: 16days at cwgl.rutgers.edu
Website: http://www.cwgl.rutgers.edu